We are a bunch of photographers living in different cities and shooting on the same theme every week.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Things I really like

I spent the last few day in Tel Aviv. Saturday was Yom Kippur. Because of that pretty much the whole country shuts down. No businesses are open, no one can drive a car, and a lot of people fast. Seeing everything stop really helped me think about what I really like.
First, because everyone was fasting I realized, I love food and eating. What I really missed though were the amazing foods that are forbidden here, such as Bacon. Which is what I ate for Yom Yippur.
sm-7150

Another thing that I thought was really amazing about Yom Kippur is that there were no cars driving anywhere and there were people out in the streets everywhere. you never realize how loud cars can be till they all stop. I think that more countries should have a day like this where all of the streets are given back to the people.
sm-7155

Finally we made our way down to the beach. The weather was great, the water was warm, the sun was setting behind the clouds offering us a spectacular view, but without the soft sand between my toes it wouldn't have been the same.
sm-7163

No comments:

Post a Comment